COVID-19 Update

UPDATE as of December 13, 2020

We’re sincerely bummed that we didn’t have the opportunity to welcome you to Portland this spring. It’s been almost nine months since we indefinitely postponed our event, and we wanted to reach out to you and give you a quick update about our current plans for the conference.

We still fully intend to host the next YIMBYtown conference in Portland as soon as it is safe and appropriate to host an event and welcome y’all to town. While the news in recent weeks about a forthcoming COVID-19 vaccine is encouraging, we regrettably still don’t have any clarity on when we’ll have the green light to plan for this conference in confidence. At this point, our plan is to keep reading headlines, keep crossing our fingers, and reassess in March if it’s feasible for us to make plans to host the conference in Portland in the summer or fall of 2021.
We intend to keep much of our programming intact from our planned conference in April – we’ve already reached out to our scheduled speakers and look forward to confirming their continued participation in our event if at all possible. Stay tuned!
YIMBYtown will be refunding tickets purchased for the April 2020 conference. We intend to ensure conference attendees who purchased tickets to attend YIMBYtown this past spring will be given priority to re-purchase tickets ahead of the general public. We’ll make sure to reach out via email, social media, and our website when conference tickets are available for (re)purchase.

UPDATE as of 10:45pm, Wednesday, March 11, 2020

With Governor Kate Brown’s restrictions on gatherings over 250 people just announced in Oregon in response to the COVID-19 virus–and more precautionary measures already in place in Washington State, California, D.C., and likely to come elsewhere–we sadly must postpone the YIMBYtown 2020 conference planned for April 2 – 4.  

So much has gone into building an amazing conference, from a stand-out list of speakers to hundreds of participants from across the continent to lovely local food and a crew of volunteers.  

We plan to reschedule. Stay tuned!

We are sorting out all the details. We will keep you updated on our next steps and new dates. All registrations will remain valid for the rescheduled date; you may also refund your ticket. More information on those details soon. For more information, please contact our organizing committee.

Thank you for your understanding and support.