Call For Submissions
The next YIMBYtown conference will take place in Boston, MA on September 20-23, 2018
Deadline for sending proposals: July 27, 2018
Proposals must provide the following information
Session, roundtable or workshop title, abstract, presenter identification and expertise, audio-visual, video or audio sample.
What we’re looking for
The overarching theme of your submission should be around innovation and transformation in the YIMBY movement. The selection committee would like to see original and innovative thinking around the topics below that can take us a step further toward reaching our conference’s goal. Submissions with an equity focus are highly encouraged. We also encourage creative, interactive formats for learning and discussion.
- Messaging and communications
- Policy ideas to scale up victories; lessons from successful and unsuccessful campaigns
- How to build diverse coalitions that win
- Projects that create real mixed-income communities
- Development, conflict and working with communities at risk of displacement
- Forging cross-sector collaborations to strengthen and sustain housing regionally
- Technological, digital and storytelling solutions to catalyze YIMBY movement results
Unconference submission opportunities
If an idea cannot be accommodated in the pre-planned program, there will be opportunities for submissions through the “unconference” (unprogrammed sessions). Information on how to submit your idea or lead an unconference session will be available in July.
For questions or concerns, please email us at [email protected].
Submissions are now closed.